24 Dec CPG Manufacturers and Retailers to Gain Competitive Edge- Summit 2011
Summit 2011 Helps Participants Discover Insights to Stimulate Growth, Provoke New Thinking, Illuminate the Way Forward and Foster Real Competitive Advantage
CHICAGO, Dec. 22, 2010 – The “new normal” is an intensely competitive world where every single leg up matters for CPG retailers and manufacturers, who are doing everything they can to compete and win with shoppers. Because shoppers will separate the winners from the losers in 2011, the SymphonyIRI Group Summit 2011 will focus on “Gaining the Competitive Edge.” The action-oriented forum, taking place March 28-30, 2011 at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach, will provide actionable strategies to create an advanced knowledge of today’s shoppers.
Shopper-centric innovation is the cornerstone to winning in the new world, so the agenda for Summit 2011 will zero in on the most important issues of shopper understanding, pricing and promotion, loyalty programs, advanced analytics and merchandising technologies. To deliver these compelling perspectives, SymphonyIRI has assembled an impressive preliminary roster of keynote speakers, including:
* Professor Gary Hamel – Author, “Leading the Revolution” and “Competing for the Future”
* Mark Zandi – Chief Economist, Moody’s Analytics
* Dr. Hans Willi Schroiff – Corporate Vice President, Global Market Research, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
* Salman Amin – Executive Vice President, Global Sales and Marketing, PepsiCo
* Mike McMahon – Senior Vice President, Integrated Customer Marketing, ConAgra Foods
* Rob Price – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Advertising, CVS Caremark
* Martin Short – Comedian and Summit 2011 Gala Banquet Entertainer
* John Freeland – President and CEO, SymphonyIRI Group
* Dr. Romesh Wadhwani – Chairman, SymphonyIRI Group, and Founder and Managing Partner, Symphony Technology Group
These thought leaders will provide insights that will help Summit participants:
* Discover the latest trends in shopper behavior
* Learn state-of-the-art strategies for shopper-centric, retailer-manufacturer collaboration
* Leverage best practices for profitable pricing and promotions
* Use next generation solutions to leverage digital and mobility advancements to make connections with shoppers wherever they are
* Uncover winning retail strategies in sales, merchandising and category management
* Develop an understanding of today’s health and wellness shoppers and the new initiatives that matter to them
* Enjoy world-class networking opportunities between buyers and sellers
“The shopper alone will decide who survives and who thrives in this new world,” says John G. Freeland, president and chief executive officer, SymphonyIRI Group. “That’s why Summit 2011 is all about understanding shoppers-who they are, what they want and how they shop. This type of granular understanding is the key to success for CPG retailers and manufacturers. We are going to arm Summit participants with the new tools and technology to reach shoppers and impact their business.”
SymphonyIRI Summit 2011 will also feature a wide range of best practice breakout sessions that address today’s most critical business issues. These sessions, led by the industry’s leading domain experts, will feature such topics as consumer and shopper understanding, planning and forecasting, private label strategies, winning at retail, and price and promotion strategies. In addition, Summit attendees can take advantage of the Innovation Showcase featuring the latest innovations in shopper behavior, digital and mobility marketing, retailer-manufacturer collaboration and health and wellness initiatives.
For more information about SymphonyIRI Summit 2011, visit: www.sigsummit.com.
About SymphonyIRI Group, Inc.
SymphonyIRI Group, formerly named Information Resources, Inc. (“IRI”), is the global leader in innovative solutions and services for driving revenue and profit growth in CPG, retail and healthcare companies. SymphonyIRI offers two families of solutions: Core IRI solutions for market measurement and Symphony Advantage solutions for enabling new growth opportunities in marketing, sales, shopper marketing and category management. SymphonyIRI solutions uniquely combine content, analytics and technology to deliver maximum impact. SymphonyIRI helps companies create, plan and execute forward-looking, shopper-centric strategies across every level of the organization. For more information, visit http://www.SymphonyIRI.com.
# # #
Phone: (312) 474-3862
Phone: (312) 474-3675