12 Aug Two Things Every CPG Marketer Should Do to Win in Mobile
As a marketer, you need to be on mobile, too.
So, you may be asking, what are the two things that a CPG marketer should do to take advantage of the opportunities presented by the growth of mobile? Here are our recommendations:
1) Create a mobile-optimized site. Consumers become extremely frustrated when they go to a mobile website that’s tough to use. Harris Interactive, in a March 2011 mobile interactive experience study commissioned by Tealeaf, found that:
- 23% of shoppers had cursed, 11% had screamed, and 4% had gone as far as to throw their phones when mobile sites did not display or function properly. Screaming and cursing are not key drivers of purchase intent!
- 63% of all online adults would be less likely to buy from the same company via other purchase channels if they experienced a problem conducting a mobile transaction.
There’s even a website, http://mobilemarketingfail.com, which writes snarky blog entries about poorly designed corporate mobile sites. Don’t be their next entry! Talk to your media agency or Google team representative today about how to get started.
2) Separate mobile search campaigns from desktop and optimize, optimize, optimize: Mobile campaigns perform better when they’re created separately from desktop campaigns. You can click here to view all knownhost wordpress hosting plans for mobile sites. Consumers use different search keywords when they’re on their mobile phones than they do when they are on their computers. Work with your search agency or media team to ensure that you have a separate mobile campaign. Then, track your performance and optimize.
- Brand Begins and Ends with Your CPG Products (Or Services). (cpgbrokers.com)
- Are Retailers Optimizing the Use of the Mobile Retail Apps? (prweb.com)